Monday, December 7, 2009

the city of good living

The view by my house is amazing. I love standing there on that Crestview hill, looking out at the lights and the cars that look like insects running through the maze of streets. It is the peninsula, and I stand there looking at the bay that people are so proud to call their home. Make fun of those "bay" enthusiasts that call themselves gangsters as much as you want, they have a point - it truly is a beautiful place. I am not going to get '650' tattooed across my chest, but I will definitely "rep" the bay nonstop. I could stand there for hours just marveling at the place where I have spent the majority of my life.
I have driven the same route for 9 years (middle school, high school, all of my jobs), and every time I am surprised by the magnificence of that view. Now that I live in the East bay during the week and do not drive my car along these familiar streets, the view is an even bigger burst of surprise. I can drive these streets with my eyes closed. Sometimes I speed through the narrow Club dr. road just because I can. Sometimes I drive really slow, pissing off all the other cars, just to take a minute longer with that view.



No comments:

Post a Comment