Thursday, May 21, 2009

checkmate

This is what I wore to school today:Simple concept: black&white plaid needs balance with a nice solid color.
Originally, this blouse hung straight down with a little bit of an "A-line" shape. This was a bit unflattering and when the wind blew from a certain angle, I looked pregnant. So I just tied the ends together for a more sleek look.

Sometimes I wear this blouse with my plaid black&white Betsey Johnson purse,
but I hate the idea of purse and backpack together. I have always been very OCD about the purse/backpack combo. Maybe I'm traumatized from back in high school when girls wore their huge backpacks and teeny tiny purses that really didn't have a point because they had no room for anything to go in there (okay okay maybe a lipstick).

Anyhow.. here's the rundown:

shescool checkered extra-long blouse from tjmaxx

hilaration purple leggings from the San Carlos thrift store. (My friend Zac actually gave them to me the other day. Why he bought them in the first place is beyond me.)

Keds tassle flats with 2inch wedge from Amazon.com

By the way, I love my Keds flats. They are simply and comfy. At first sight they just look like regular flats but they have a secret: They have a "hidden wedge" that gives the shoe a little lift. Something bothers me about two-toned wedges most of the time so I usually go for the solid-covered hidden wedge (with the excepetion of SOME cork/straw wedge platforms)

Good Night (or morning depending on your sleep cycle.. I know mine is all messed up)
& check out these low heeled covered wedges:
american eagle..................................................................................80%20

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I really thought those green shoes were flats at first! That's so clever that they have a hidden wedge. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete